Thursday 11 August 2011

Final model DSDN112 EXPRESS-A-SMELL

Description
My idea was to make an abstract interactive tool that the user can practice and enhance there drawing ability. My initial idea was to incorporate a different sense that would spark an image for the user so they can visualize what they are drawing. This is what I thought was an easy way to teach someone how to imagine a portrait. The idea developed after some experiments and showed that most people related the certain smells to something easy and manageable to draw. From these findings I wanted to the user to express what they felt instead of drawing what they see. This was a better interaction with the user, which meant they didn’t have to step out of their comfort zone when attempting to draw the smell. The tricky part was the means of the expression, so I thought of a few ideas but drawing in sand was my favorite. Because of the reason that most drawings would look the same and have the same result in the expression of a smell. I believe the final model represents what I wanted to achieve from the start as the development of the model went through a few changes it ended up very pleasing.

Instructions

-       FLATTEN OUT THE SAND EVENLY
-       PLACE YOUR FINGER (S) IN THE SAND AT THE LEFT
-       START TO SMELL THE SAND FROM THE LEFT TO RIGHT
-       NOW SLOWLY FOLLOW WITH YOUR HAND TO DRAW AN EXPRESSION DEPENDING ON THE CERTAIN SMELLS

5 Interactive images of final model







No comments:

Post a Comment